Thursday, September 25, 2008

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT


Ok, no, it's different.

See, the dress to the left is a Stop Staring dress that I really wanted and that fit me nicely except for in the back where the fabric was hanging strangely loose. Surely it would've been fixable somehow, but if you buy a dress for one-hundred-something euros the first thing you want to do is not to sit down by the sewingmachine, but to wear it straight away and hit town (in your nicest shoes and deep red lipstick).

Well, the dress to the right is from H&M and you can get it for 34,90€.
And oh yes I know, it's almost a crime to compare these two but there are still some similarities that might make me get over the "loss" of the Stop Staring dress. Perhaps. And for a dress under for 40 euros I'd be fine with sitting by the sewing machine making it a bit longer (adding some black fabric at the hem, with pleats in the middle or on the sides to give it a more 30's-like silhouette, would be qutie nice).

*******************************************************************


First this post was only going to be about those two dresses, but as I was thinking about this I realized that I really do not need another dress. Ok, I have proclaimed that a girl can never have too many dresses yes, but my wardrobe certainly can. (For example, I have some dresses I have only worn once. And boxes full of stuff to be ebayed away, some of which I took nice photos of a year ago already. Still there.)

Remember K and her quest from this summer, about the shopping-ban? Well, she failed. Not miserably, but still failed. Now it's my turn. Sort of. (To try that is, not to fail).I put no more new clothes in my wardrobe until I get some out first! Then there is also the economical aspect related to this; I have some travels I want to do later this autumn. Selling some old stuff on ebay wont pay me a ticket too far I guess :) So - no eating out for a while either, I'm going to cook at home! Umm, for next week atleast. And on weekend it might be ok to dine out...
(oh I feel myself failing already).

No comments:

Post a Comment