Monday, November 17, 2008

HIDING IN BLACK

I don’t like leaving home - and seldom do - without being properly dressed and with my hair fixed. But sometimes when I’m really busy; have a lot of freelances jobs to work with and in the same time need to take care of errands around town, or if I have to go to work at strange hours I need to prioritize the comfort in my way of dressing. Even though I might feel like it, I still don’t want to go out looking like I’m about to fetch a pizza on a hangover Sunday afternoon in my pyjamas adn a hoodie. Instead I go for a rather classy and incognito look, which makes me feel a little bit like being in disguise or like I’ve managed to fool the rest of the world that I look good :)



What works for me are the following : I wear all black soft clothes, I put something on my head, I add som detail.



The past week I’ve been living in my black “uniform” ; wearing a pair of comfy velour leisure pants that look like a nice pair of black trousers (which I still don’t own btw) if and only when combined with my black sailor style jacket. I hide my messy hair with my beret or with a black scarf and do a quick make up - a more strong than pretty look; just two sleek and thick strokes of black eyeliner. (I’ve been doing those since I was fourteen so I can get them perfect in five seconds) And then I match the red stripe of my vintage sneakers (yes you read it right; sneakers!) with my mittens and give the whole thing a sailor-ish touch with my anchor bag (which fits things like my calendar, a lot of papers and so on).



In the end it’s actually the jacket that makes the whole thing work so I avoid having to take it of. Illusion ruined, I’m in my leisure wear underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment