Thursday, January 22, 2009

THE CHERRY ON TOP

I have a problem with shoes in the winter; I'd prefer to wear open heels all year round. This year I have been blonde enough to go for pretty over practical; skipping the boots, wearing heels in soggy snow and on frozen streets - and having a cold for the third week in a row now. Stupid, sure, but I just haven't found any suitable winter shoes that are pretty enough and I somehow have a problem with wearing boots (my mom's old boots that I like are starting to fall apart). I've never really been a fan of those ancle-high boots either but then I stumbled upon a pair in the supermarket on sale for the price of some catfood-juice-and eggs so I figured it'd be worth a try.


But I pimped them a little bit first!



They have this loop in the back with no actual funcion, except for one - to work as a bow holder!

I tied bows of silkribbon and sewed them on to a small safetypin, fastened it in the loop and sprayed the whole thing with protecting spray.

VoilĂ  - bowed bootlets, a bit over the top, just the way I like it!

(And no, they are still not the best thing to wear in soggy snow but it still better than nothing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment