Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HAIRDO'S #4 : The Aloha-twirl


I promeised you a tutorial of this hairdo about a month ago. And here it is.

For this 'do the hair is parted in three sections (a-b-c) and rolled towards upwards towards you forehead, except for one section which is pulled back with a comb. The bangs/your hair in the front is rolled upwards in a small roll. So, here we go.



I had my hair rolled up during the day and curled my bangs before starting, to get some structure in my hair.
So, to begin with, take your bangs, or -if you don't have any- your hair in the front and fasten it loosely to the side with a pin to be rolled up later (as you can se in the highly informative picture).



Then, part your hair (with a parting comb or similar) on the right side from above your ear until slightly before the top of your head. This will be section A. Fasten it with a bobby pin for now, change it to a comb later on (the comb will otherwise be in the way of rolling the rest of the hair).



Take the hair on top of your head (section B) and part the hair on the left side (slightly lower than where you parted it for section A on the other side), then roll it inwards from the left to the right, towards your forehead. Fasten it on the top of your head.



Take the rest of the hair on the left side (section c) and roll it upwards, towards your face.



Now, go back to section A; take the pin away and fasten it again with a comb. You can "puff" your hair by pressing the comb pretty deep in, it will make the section higher. I use a comb with flowers on. If what's left of section A, hanging under the comb, feels to thin you can make a small roll of it and place it to cover up the parting of section B.



Finally, roll your bangs/hair in the front upwards, in the other direction as the other rolls (right-left) and fasten it. Add some hi-shine hairspray to sleek the rolls.



That's it!


Now you can stick some more flowers in it if you like (I put a lot since I went to the pacific venue after taking these pics). I don't think it matters if you overdo it a little :)



If you ever make any of my hairdo's you can always mail me some pics of it and if I get enough I'll make a post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment