Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE I WANT TO RIDE MY BIKE

In some matters I am the master of un-accomplishmentness (is that even a word?) - I was about to take my bike down to the bike cellar in my building for it's winter sleep a long time ago, but I was caught off guard by the snow in November. And the damn snow has stayed on the ground ever since! Not that that's any reason not to tuck the bike in there, but since the damage is sort of done already I have just let other things go first. Alas, the bike's still out there.
What a sad view from my window. Poor little rusting bastard.


Well, even if I'm complaining about all of the snow I am sort of enjoying it too. But I'm still waiting rather eagerly for spring. And if you look at it from the bright side and lie a little bit to yourself it will seem like spring is just around the corner, summer around the next... I crave for warmer days, lighter clothing and - riding my bike!



Which I will do in this darling dress:

I found this vintage dress in spring-like colours with a pattern of biking girls and boys, roses and bike tires on it when I popped by at sale my friend threw some days ago. Otherwise pretty perfect, but I will turn the sleeve in to 1950's style short cap sleeves and make pockets for the fluffy skirt with what's left of the sleeves. It will be great!

Bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment