Thursday, February 11, 2010

WINTER JACKET

I have been in need of a new winter jacket. The black one I've been using for some yeas already has lost it's form and become soggy and less warm during this year's heavy cold. I browsed second hand- and vintage stores earlier this winter but didn't find anything suitable anywhere and kind of gave up. The other day I realized that the sales are still going on and stores are filling up with spring clothing as usual this time of year. Which always is a bit too early but worked pretty well a couple of years ago for example, when it was warm and dry enough for open heels, but this winter, with the most snow for decades, it definitely makes the consumer a winner. The winter is at it's peak now and will certainly go on for weeks still and winter clothing go for 70% off (haha!). I entered one shop and got myself a new jacket feeling content and like having fooled some sort of system here.

I got myself a straight wool jacket with a sort of slightly 40's inspired box like shape. It didn't have much of a collar though which is sort of a must for me since I hate few things more than wind sneaking upon me, so I made myself an attachable one!

Ta ta! I also got a bit of matching wool fabric and sewed myself a belt, as that might come in handy at some point, we'll see.

And yes, here I am posing in my new winter jacket, ready to take on the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment