Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I BEAT THE CAKE

Last weekend we went to a wedding on the Åland Islands (which feels pretty much like going abroad- to Sweden - only you're not, you're still in Finland. Sort of).


As you shouldn't dress to outshine the bride I gave it a go at outshining the cake instead - with lots of pink fluff! Thinking cotton candy, strawberry whipped cream...


Not fluff all the way though; first I had to fix the fact that I had laid my rollers bad the day before - stupid foam rollers that won't stay in place. I even slept with them on all well tucked into a scarf goddamit and I got a fluffy cotton candy head! (Which wasn't really the point with what I mentioned earlier as I was more thinking pink fluff in clothing, not hair...)


(Of course it was no real problem, only a change of plan; moments later hair was fixed and fluff was in the right places and right places only.)


This picture could be called "Ah, its so fun posing on the hotel balcony" but instead it's "my hair is partly baby-pink nowadays, see?" Because cotton candy is OK for hair if we're talking colour, not texture.Or that's what I'd say.


And you know what? The wedding cake actually was pink!
(I won, I had more fluff on me than it did :)


And the outfit;
Dress - this one (Queen of hearts from ModCloth). The petticoat is Vivien of Holloway (amazingly soft and fluffy).
Shoes - these ones, my Christmas gift Parikka's.
The bag is from Stockmann's, the pearls are vintage.


And it's only part of my fringe that's pink. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment