Saturday, August 14, 2010

CANDY DRESS IN WAITING



Here's the other vintage dress I bought during my Berlin trip. It looks quitehome made, 80's goes 50's I'd guess, and has a very nice model with a big skirt with hidden pockets, a round collar and a beautiful neckline in the back.

The only thing is the colours are a bit too much in my opinion. A little bit too much candy, kind of like tutti frutti bubble gum, which I can't stand.

The colours might still work if I'd actually go for the Snowhite look and colour my hair black but as I won't I thought I'd colour the dress instead.

The stripes will still show trhough but that does not bother me (in fact it will be nice) I just want it in a shade less tootache, less eighties.

I was thinking red or purple perhaps. The zipper is pink but I can change that, maybe even to a metal ine for a more old-vintage feel. But it would be nice to get some other points of view on the colouring too so what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment