Friday, July 18, 2008

SHOES, CAKE, RAIN, SKIRT

(I'm so obviusly suffering from a bloggers headline-block)


Skirt - GT, coloured by me
Jacket - old H&M
Sandals - Andiamo


Now I'm going to write about a lot of things.

First,
we had planned to go on a picninc to the zoo with my mother but the rainy weather ruined it. We still had a nice day strolling around town; went to see two exhibitions (one of which was the Anton Corbjin retroperspective, it was great) and then we did some shoe shopping and had a piece of heavenly chocolate-lemon cake.

Second,
Behold, as you may notice I've coloured the skirt now! I noticed that the skirt is not woven into gingham but the checks are printed on it, which made me a bit unsure of how well the red would colour, but I still decided to try. It was to be green at first, but when I was about to colour it my washing machine tilted a bit - it hadn't let out all the water from the previous wash. Impatient as I am I didn't care, the reslut being that the machine spit out the green colour at once as soon as it started and then just washed the skirt in the slightly green water. This made me very angry and as I didn't want ot wait for the next day to make it to the store again I just used what other colour I had home; sky blue.
(I did colour another skirt green later on instead. Pictures are coming up :)

But I like the result a lot! Undefined bluish-purple colour. It goes well with my raspberry coloured sandals, no?
(the photo does not do the colours 100% justice I think)

Third,
I was recently "book-tagged" byt the loveliest ever; Dotti: I have to grab the book that's next to me, open it on page 123 and quote the fith sentence plus the following three.

Most of the boks next to me are art books with more pictures than words so lets see what I can find... Ok found nothing, only pictures... On the bookshelf in the other room the closest book is, quite pretentiously, John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men:

"He went out quicly. /Old man Cody stood and glaced after him. Then he helplessly looked down on the dead one, and his sorrow gradually started turning into rage and his rage into words./ You damn slut! he said angry."(I translated it from swedish). Hah! Quite funny.

Now let's see what MissWoo, Esme and the Lane way, Anna, Wendy and Beka are reading...

Four. Tonight I might give the director another chance, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment