Thursday, October 2, 2008

BLACK, BLACK, BLACK (AND GREEN)


Skirt - MissSixty
Shoes - Stefanel
Hair bow - Vintage
Top - basic tee altered by me
Necklace - etsy /Untamed Menagerie
Tights - who knows, but they have a really nice dark green colour..


Yesterday I went to the Opening of Helsinki Design Week. Black was the colour of the night for me (and as most often when it comes to happenings involving the word "design" it was also the colour of the night for about 90 % of the rest of the people there *). Afterwards K and I stopped by a party held by a magazine but we arrived too late and the free drinks were already out. Damn!

But talking about black, my new (not that new! No shoppig for me now remember!) black skirt btw is a good solution to this dilemma.
(Ehrm, the little table in the back is new though. Or, it's really old but it's new for me that is. I did have a need for a little table of such kind for my magazines. I bought it from a charityshop for a few coins and anyway, furnitrue doesn’t count as shopping !)


*) Which made think of one evening when I studied in Budapest and was learning hungarian. One of the first scentences I fully understood was one that I overheard at a party at our school. A guy was asking two arty girls " why oh why do all art students always wear black?" (Dude, it's becuse it's the most stylish colour! ) Hah, such a cliché but still quite true. The same applied to design school at home as well. (Or the architect students, not to forget them. Oh, the good ol' black turtleneck.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment