Thursday, November 13, 2008

OH ARMI

Oh Armi Armi, how I want you. How hard you would be to wear in the Finnish soggy winter, and how hard you'd be to pair with some parts of my wardrobe. But it doesn't matter. I'd still love you very much, if only you were mine.



I did buy a pair of shoes for last winter, but for some strange reason I chose them one size too big - theyr're totally wearable, but they look a bit, well, big (I'm slightly obsessed with having my feet look small). And my mother's suede boots that served first her and then me for ten years each are starting to slowly fall apart. Might need to get something new. You know, so my feet don't get wet and I sick and so on.

But my sister reminded me I could fly back and forth to NY for the price of those beauties. So it might be that -for the moment at least - they'll just remain on my 'dream on' list. *sigh*

But for the price of a ticket to, well, Copenhagen for example, I could get one of these. And that's already considerable:


Minna Parikka by Mantere. Not nearly as delicious, but not bad. And perhaps slightly more easy to wear in crappy weather and snow due to a thicker sole and lower heel. Considerable, indeed.

Buy them here for example (and check out other FInnish design at the same time too :)

(images from www.minnaparika.com and www.finnishdesignshop.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment