Thursday, March 5, 2009

CUT CUT, CUT IT OFF LET IT GO

Shirt - SailorJerry


Sometimes you just need to reach for the scissors and go for it in order to actually wear something nice that has been locked in your closet for too long, even though it may hurt a bit to start the cutting. And it really doesn't take much in order for some items to get a fresh new look and to be able to extend their time of use - try to cut long sleeves in to short for example, add a ribbon or some lace around the new lining, use the old extra sleeve to make a sew-on pocket or a little bow to add on.

Remember this shirt dress? A bit too tight to ever be able to wear and relax at the same time, since the buttons tended to pop at the most critical part flashing my undies to the world, I was on the verge of letting it go at ebay or huuto (I'm so bad at letting things go!), but instead I cut it of to a nice fitted shirt. And then I went out to listen to Marko Haavisto.

Tonight I'll go out and listen to Jussi Syren & the Groundbreakers (but that hasn't really got anything to do with the shirt anylonger).

No comments:

Post a Comment