Sunday, March 8, 2009

OH SHOES!


When it comes to material things in my posession, my shoes are what I love the most. Of all pretty things one can wear shoes are for me what crowns the outfit. I've always been fascinated with the sculptural shape of the high heeled shoe; the shapes of the heel, the line of the shoe, the rounded toe.

My appartement is full of shoes in different places; I have more shoes than I have time to wear, but why hide all of them in a dark closet for no-one to admire? I wouldn't decorate my kitchen with a pair of shoes but they can look pretty nice elsewhere at home, while waiting to one day be worn...

I'm alowing my shoe collection to grow by the principal "if it's in a colour I do not yet have" and I recently cheered myself up a bit by finnally getting myself a pair of blue shoes!

Just like you can vary your clothing with different accessories you can actually also vary or re-new your shoes, by adding a ribbon, brooch or bow to them to make them go better along with some outfit for example. I got a tip from a reader of mine about a site called Bling My Boots, from where you can order different chains, ribbons and other apparel to customize your boots with, and give the same shoe many different looks. Rahter brilliant yes, but even more brilliant -and affordable- it is to do all of this yourself. Like when I bowed my bootlets for less than two euros, like NanĂ³ did with her boots, or like Oriane does all the time, boots and heels alike! Basically there's no limit for what you couldn't do - paint, glue, attach- but do it with precision. Personally I don't like the too "home made" look, that just reminds me of hippies and emo teens with felt-marker decorated shoes (been there, done that and thank god that was ages ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment